Monday, November 22, 2021

Homemade Korean Fried Chicken






I have been craving Korean Fried Chicken for a while.
Hubby is so good with making homemade fried chicken so I thought it would be perfect
to make Korean version.

We found a good Korean Restaurant in Kansas city, It just sucks that its a bit of a drive.
So we decided to make homemade ones.

Especially I found the Important Ingredient!




The Gochuang Paste. 
It's awesome I found it in Hy-vee.

I didn't need to go to the Asian store for it!

Let me know what you guys think!


Ingredients

Chicken and marinade:

  • 4 chicken breasts sliced into long thick strips
  • 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp white pepper
  • 1/4 tsp garlic salt

Crispy Coating:

  • 1 1/2 cups (180g) plain (all-purpose) flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • ½ tsp celery salt
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp chilli flakes
  • vegetable oil for deep frying (at least 1 litre/four cups)

Sauce:

  • 2 tbsp gochujang paste
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 4 tbsp brown sugar
  • 4 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
  • 2 tsp minced ginger
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 3 spring onions sliced into thin strips
  • 1 tsp sesame seeds
  • ½ tsp chilli flakes (red pepper flakes)








This was so good. 
I'm so happy we can make it whenever I crave for it.

Have a good weekend!

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment