Sunday, March 22, 2015

Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta

 
 
 
 
Made this awesome dish last Sunday. I have been on a mission on learning new recipe that my hubby will like. We've been doing meal prep for a while and he likes it when I change It up sometimes.
 
This is a not so healthy dish but it's a really good weeknight meal if you want something easy, creamy and so delicious.
 
My craving for creamy pasta is satisfied after having this. This is actually my first time making this.
Let me know if you like it. :)
 
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. Raw shrimp
  • 1 Stick Butter
  • 1-2 tsp. minced garlic
  • 4 ounces cream cheese
  • 5-6 oz. spaghetti or any other noodles you prefer
  • 1-2 tbsp. parsley
  • 1 tsp. seasoned salt
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1-2 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 8 ounces fresh mushrooms  
  • 1/2 pasta water
  • Parmesan cheese for topping
 
Directions:
  • Cook pasta according to directions.
  • Make sure you've thawed your shrimp if its frozen, and dry them really well. I just let mine sit on a paper towel-lined plate, topped with more paper towels.
  • Sprinkle shrimp with seasoned salt and little salt and pepper.
  • In a large skillet melt butter over medium high heat and cook shrimp until pink. add  mushrooms and saute until soft and brown. Season with salt and pepper.
  •  Add minced garlic, cream cheese. At this point the cream cheese will look scary and lumpy. Don't worry it will smooth out later with when we add the water.
  • Simmer the mixture until well blended. Get a scoop of boiling pasta water from your noodle pot and mix it in, stirring quickly to smooth out the sauce.
  • Toss sauce with cooked noodles.
  • Sprinkle parmesan cheese on to and serve.
Enjoy! :)

 
 
 
 
 

 
Look how gorgeous this Red Velvet cake that hubby got me!
I just can't help and take a picture of it.
I love love red velvet cake! Maybe one of these days I should make my own version, Probably not as good as this looks but it will taste amazing! :) 
 

 
 

 
 
I hope you are having a great week!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment