Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Pork Sinigang (Sinigang na Baboy)






All the kinds of delicious food I've been having these days was amazing.
But. Nothing beats Filipino food for me.
I crave it all the time. 
It just sucks I can't make it whenever I want to since it's hard to find ingredients here. 
I'm so glad I had the chance to make this dish.
One of my favorite Filipino dish!


Pork Sinigang (Sinigang na Baboy)


Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs pork (belly, ribs, butt or shoulder roast)
  • 1 bundle Bokchoy or kangkong
  • 3 Tbsp fish sauce
  • 10-12 pcs string beans or 20pcs green beans, cut in 2 inch length
  • 2 pieces medium sized tomato, quartered
  • 1 large onion, sliced
  • 3 pcs White raddish, sliced
  • 1 pack (0.71-oz) Knorr Sinigang Mix (you can use more if you want it more sour)



Directions:
  
1. Place pork in a large saucepan. Add enough water to cover the meat and bring to a boil over medium low heat until scum appears on the surface. Clear the scum off the broth.
2. Add garlic, onion, tomatoes, fish sauce and sinigang mix. Cover and simmer until pork is tender, approximately 1 hour.  Test for tenderness. Remember that tenderness varies depending on the pork cut you’re using. Add more water if necessary, i.e., if they have to be cooked much longer.
3. Add radish. When half cooked, add string or green beans. Simmer for 5 mins or until green beans are almost done.
4. Add salt to suit your taste. Add a pinch of black pepper.
5.Add Bokchoy and simmer for 5 more minutes.
6. Serve hot with rice!




Enjoy!

xo

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. Looks delicious. I love sinigang. I just never know if I'm making it right. I like that I have measurments now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Like every recipe its good to have a measurement to follow but feel free to adjust according to your preference. :) Enjoy!

      Delete