Monday, March 4, 2019

Ube Puto Flan



Hi guys!!
Remember when I made ( Puto flan ) 
It's been a while since I made it. 
When I miss Motherland (Philippines)
Making Filipino food is my favorite thing to do.

I pretty much made this same as the regular Puto Flan, the only difference I did was 
I added 3 tsp of Ube Flavoring that I got from the asian store when we were in Rome.
I almost forgot I have it.

Its so easy to make!




Ingredients:

For the Flan:
  • 4 egg yolks
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 tsp. lemon juice
For the Puto:
  • 2 Cups self raising flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
  • 4 egg whites (2/3 Cup)
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • Cooking spray (pam)
  • 3 Tsp Ube flavoring

Directions: 
  • Make the flan first. In a small bowl, mix together the egg yolks and condensed milk. Add the lemon juice.
  • Heat water in the bottom pan of the steamer or get your electric steamer ready ( its what I used)
  • Grease puto molds with some pam then pour some mixture to the molds, (Don't skip this one) Filling each about 1/3 full.
  • Steam flan on low heat for about 10 minutes. At this point the flan would not be fully set but should not be liquidy either. Set aside to cool completely.
  • In a medium bowl, sift dry ingredients of the puto together. Add in the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. ( Do not over mix) 
  • Pour mixture over flan, filling molds nearly to the top.
  • Steam the puto on low heat for another 15 minutes. Remove from steamer and let cool slightly.
  • To remove from molds, Carefully run a thin knife around ( It should be easy to take it off since you sprayed it some pam)
  • Invert the mold and tap to release the Puto Flan.




The Cooking spray makes it really easy to take off from the mold!






Let me know what you guys think!

xo
-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment