Saturday, January 23, 2016

Puto Flan/Leche puto




Today, I finally got to make these delicious Puto.
I was just planning on making the regular ones with cheese on top.
But then, I decided to make it more special.

I love love Puto because of the fluffy texture of it.
So light, and its so much better eating it fresh,
I remember how much  I love my mom taking me to Palengke (market) in the
Philippines when I was about hmm 11 years old?
We always get some Puto for breakfast since we always go to Palengke by sunrise.
We always get it hot and fresh.
Ahhh.. childhood memories. 

Anways, I actually didn't know that this was a famous variation of Puto. 
And, I've never made Leche Flan before and since I can't find the molds yet I decided to just make 
it like this for now. At least I will still get to eat some flan.
I'm really so happy hubby got me Electric steamer.



Anyway. My craving for chocolate covered pretzel is getting crazy.
Munching on this while I make these puto. :)


This puto Recipe is really easy. 
I highly recommend it! 


 Puto Flan

Ingredients:

For the Flan:
  • 4 egg yolks
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 tsp. lemon juice
For the Puto:
  • 2 Cups self raising flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
  • 4 egg whites (2/3 Cup)
  • 1 1/4 cups water

Directions: 
  • Make the flan first. In a small bowl, mix together the egg yolks and condensed milk. Add the lemon juice.
  • Heat water in the bottom pan of the steamer or get your electric steamer ready ( its what I used)
  • Grease puto molds with some pam then pour some mixture to the molds, (Don't skip this one) Filling each about 1/3 full.

  • Steam flan on low heat for about 10 minutes. At this point the flan would not be fully set but should not be liquidy either. Set aside to cool completely.
  • In a medium bowl, sift dry ingredients of the puto together. Add in the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. ( Do not over mix) 
  • Pour mixture over flan, filling molds nearly to the top.
  • Steam the puto on low heat for another 15 minutes. Remove from steamer and let cool slightly.


  • To remove from molds, Carefully run a thin knife around ( It should be easy to take it off since you sprayed it some pam)

  • Invert the mold and tap to release the Puto Flan.

It was so beautiful and so good!!

Enjoy!

xo 









No comments:

Post a Comment