Friday, April 19, 2024

Paksiw

 


I still very much crave Filipino food a lot of times.
I am just so grateful that there is an amazing grocery store 
where I can get all of the ingredients I need.

Today's craving is paksiw.
It's sour but it shouldn't be too overwhelmingly sour.
So savory and perfect with Rice.






INGREDIENTS 


  • 1 lb whole fish, scaled, gutted, and cleaned

  • 1-1/2 cups vinegar, cane or rice vinegar
  • 1/2-inch knob of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
  • 1 to 2 Thai chilies, optional
  • Eggplant cut diagonally




INSTRUCTIONS

Lay the fish on the top of the Eggplant in a pot big enough to hold everything together. Add vinegar enough to cover the fish. Add ginger, salt, and chilies. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat until fish is cooked, about 10 minutes. Add salt to taste. Serve with rice and Enjoy!











It was perfect.

Let me know what you guys think!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment