Thursday, August 25, 2016

Steak and Asparagus quinoa bowl






I have been so obsessed with quinoa these days. 
I think everyone that is close to me knows how I love rice.
But, I've been trying to eat better. So I decided to try other grains.
I tried Brown rice, Honestly, Brown rice is too dry for me they are okay.
White rice of course is the best. 
But, when I got to try Quinoa I fell in love.

It's so good, and when I found how good it is for you I told myself I will eat it more.

Made this for our meal prep this week.
It was really good!


Steak and Asparagus quinoa bowl

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups quinoa, uncooked
  • PAM Cooking spray
  • 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1/2 tsp reduced sodium montreal steak seasoning
  • 1/ cup onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 lb fresh asparagus
  • 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  • Cook quinoa according to package directions. Meanwhile, spray large skillet with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
  • Sprinkle beef with steak seasoning: add to skillet and cook 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
  • Add onion to the skillet and bell pepper. Cooking for 2-3 minutes or until the pepper is cook according to your preference.
  • Add asparagus, cover and cook 3-4 minutes ( I like mine soft so I cooked it longer.) 
  • Add soy sauce to cooked quinoa and stir gently to combine, Toss quinoa and beef to mixture.
  • Stir and serve!




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment