Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Spinach and mushroom quinoa.




Happy Hump day friends!
What is your goal for the week?
for the day?
I ask myself that question sometimes.
What should I accomplish for the day. 
or for the week?
It's really good when you are working for something that you really want.
Whatever it is. Long term, or short term.
I hope you find your motivation to do it. 
And..

Never ever give up!



Today's goals.
To eat healthier.
and go for a run.

Best feeling ever when you reach your goal.

If I can do it, you can too!


Anyways, Moving on.

Today's lunch was so good.
So good that I want to eat it again for dinner. :)

Found this recipe online and ever since I tried Quinoa I got obsessed!
Hubby liked it too, that makes me extra happy!

You can add more toppings to this recipe. 
Feel free to change it up with the way you want. 

Enjoy!


Spinach and mushroom quinoa.
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb mushrooms, sliced thinly
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 5 to 10 ounces fresh spinach
  • 2 cups cooked quinoa
  • salt and pepper

Directions:
  • Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and saute over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until mushrooms are soft. season with salt and pepper
  • Add fresh spinach to the skillet, reduce heat to low, over the skillet with the lid and let mushrooms and spinach cook for about a minute or less ( don't over cook) 
  • Add 2 cups of quinoa to the skillet and cook on low heat for another minute until the quinoa warms up. 
  • Season with salt and pepper.
  • Add another tbsp. of olive oil if desired.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment