Friday, March 20, 2020

Spinach and Artichoke Gnocchi


Hello friends!
How's your week going?
Made another special dish tonight...
Yup, I'm on a roll.

To be honest, this does feel good.
To be able to cook a lot more like the old times back in the US.
I love cooking, it feels so therapeutic to me.

Anyways, Today's dish is another Gnocchi dish.
Well, since my husband does most of the food shopping.
He shops so different to me.
I like to be exact with my recipe because I don't want anything to go waste.
Well him... He buys double most of the ingredients so here we are.
I have to make another Gnocchi dish. 

That's not a bad thing though.
The boys love Gnocchi, I do too!
Too bad my husband didn't get to taste this because the boys loved it too much. haha!!


This Gnocchi dish is made with Spinach and Artichoke.
I like sneaking some vegetable on my dish so the boys will get to have some veggies on 
their dish.
They didn't even to notice it! haha






Spinach and Artichoke Gnocchi


Ingredients

  • 1 (8.8 ounce/250g) block of cream cheese softened
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 cup low-sodium chicken or veg broth
  • 1 pound potato gnocchi
  • 1 (14 fluid ounce) can artichokes (packed in water) drained and chopped
  • 2 cups (packed) fresh baby spinach
  • 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
  • Salt & pepper to taste

Instructions

  1. I suggest letting the cream cheese sit on the counter for a while - it's much easier to work with when it's softened. Roughly chop your artichokes. 
  2. Add the olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the cream cheese until it's melty.
  3. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for about a minute.
  4. Add the chicken broth and stir the sauce until it's smooth.
  5. Add the gnocchi and artichokes. Give it a good stir. 
  6. Add the spinach to the pan. I just let it sit on top.
  7. Cover the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes.
  8. Stir in the cheese and let the gnocchi cook uncovered for another couple of minutes until it's cooked through. 
  9. Season gnocchi with salt & pepper as needed and serve immediately. 






By the way, This dish is pretty rich.
I suggest having it for a side than a main dish.

The Gnocchi cooks with the sauce so you don't need to pre-cook it.
It doesn't take long!



I think the boys loved it!

Let me know what you guys think!

xoxo
-Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment