Monday, August 7, 2017

Vegetable Chow Mein


Hello everyone!
3rd week of our Vegetarian diet.
Feeling good so far.
I'm so glad that I finally decided to do this and give it a try.
There's so many recipes I want to try.
I love cooking, not making anything with meat makes it so challenging for me. 
I have to impress the hubby!

So, the other day I was craving for some noodles.
Before I did this vegetarian diet I love love anything with veggies anyway so this
is not so hard for me.
I made this delicious Vegetable Chow mein.
So easy to make!
Let me know what you guys think!



Vegetable Chow Mein
INGREDIENTS
Vegetable Chow Mein
  • 8 ounces uncooked lo mein noodles or spaghetti
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1 red bell pepper, julienned
  • 1 carrot, julienned
  • ½ cup snow peas
  • 1-2 cups mushrooms
  • 1 cup chopped cabbage
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
For the Sauce
  • 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Cook noodles according to package instructions.
  2. Heat oil in a large skillet.
  3. Add in red bell pepper, snap peas, mushrooms, cabbage and carrots. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
  4. In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and mirin. Set aside.
  5. Add in garlic in the skillet and cook for an additional minute.
  6. Stir in the sauce and cooked noodles and toss to combine.
  7. Serve and Enjoy!



 Look at all of the colors!



Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment