Thursday, August 3, 2017

Spinach Ricotta Stuffed Shells


Hello everyone!!!
Today is definitely a blog catching day.
My blog hasn't been updated with recipes and all but recently I feel so inspired
to cook new recipes.

I will be cooking a lot of vegetarian/no meat dishes.
Some of you will probably think it's boring but I will make sure that some 
of the recipes I will be making is flexible.
That you can add anything you want to make it more delicious!

Best example is this dish that I made last weekend when we got back from Milan!
A pasta dish that you can definitely add some meat.
Like Chicken, Beef, anything you prefer. 

It's been 2 weeks that I'm doing this meat free diet. 
I still eat Eggs, Cheese and some fish.

I'm doing it slowly and I feel great already.

Anyways, Let me know what you guys think of this!





Spinach Ricotta Stuffed Shells 
Ingredients:
24 jumbo pasta shells
1 15-oz. container ricotta
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
10 leaves fresh basil, chopped
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Salt and pepper
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1 26-oz. jar spaghetti sauce
 Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Cook pasta shells according to package label directions; drain and set aside to cool. While pasta cooks, in a large bowl, stir together ricotta, spinach, basil, egg, salt, pepper, nutmeg.
2. Spread 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce over bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Stuff shells with cheese mixture and place in dish. Spoon remaining sauce over shells and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
3. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake about 10 minutes longer, until bubbly and cheese begins to brown.






Have a great weekend friends!
Ciao, Ciao!

-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment