Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Zucchini Cakes




Let's start August healthy!
I have been thinking about it for a while now.
I finally decided to just really do it.

Try to avoid meat!

It's been two weeks now and I feel so great already.


I used to love meat. 
I like making dish with chicken, Beef, all types of meat.
But how it makes me feel after I eat it is not good. 
I feel so bloated. It gets hard to sleep. I feel uncomfortable.
I can go on and on.
In short I just hate it. It makes me hate myself for eating it.

I want to see if this will work. 

I'm not going to eliminate it 100 percent, I will still have some occasionally
Like, Once a week. I just want to see if I will feel any different.
So hopefully you will guys like the vegetarian, No meat dishes I'll be making.

Let's start with Zucchini Cakes!
This turned out better than as I thought.
It was so tasty.
The Onion, Feta cheese added a lot of good flavors to it.

Couple of tips. 
First, Squeeze that Zucchinis after grating it to get rid of the water.
Second, Don't flip it so much while cooking.
It will be challenging flipping it since it will be soft but as long as you wait a couple
of minutes before flipping it, it will work out just fine.

Let me know how it goes!

Zucchini Cakes 




Ingredients:

2 cups shredded zucchini,packed
¼ cup red onion, finely diced
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
½ cup panko bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon olive oil


 Instructions 

1. Spread zucchini shreds out on a towel.
2. Place a towel over the top of the shreds and press out excess water.
3. Add zucchini, red onion, feta cheese and panko bread crumbs to a bowl and stir to combine.
4. Stir in eggs.

5. Compress about ¼ cup of the zucchini mixture into a small patty.
6. Spread a thin layer of olive oil in the bottom of a frying pan over medium heat.


7. Add zucchini patties to pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side. The patties are very delicate. Try to turn only one.


8. Remove to a paper plate lined with paper towels and cool for about 5-7 minutes. Cakes will firm-up more as they cool.


Enjoy!!!
xo
















No comments:

Post a Comment