Saturday, February 22, 2020

Ube Cheese Pandesal



I'm finally back to Baking!
It's definitely been a while.

If I could, I would bake everyday, in a heartbeat!
It's just really been hard to find time with my boys and so many things to do.


But, anyways...
You guys probably heard the news. 
The virus and all of that.. 
So we have been just home and not going to do any travel plans, I don't know until when.

So, with that I decided to stay away from the social media and I will look at the news 
when I'm ready for more information.

I figured baking is the best therapy I needed.
Baking makes me feel relax. 

:)


Pandesal has such a special place in my heart.
It bring so much memories just the fresh baked smell of it.
Seeing the new trend of flavor with Ube and cheese inside I can't help but wonder if I can make it.

Too bad I didn't get to try this in the Philippines when I was there for vacation.
Oh well..

Anyways, this was the same as making the regular Pandesal just with few additional stuff.
Let me know what you guys think!










Ube Cheese Pandesal



Ingredients:


  • 2 cups plain flour
  • 1 cuo bread flour
  • 1 tsp purple yam flavor ube
  • 2 tsp dry yeast
  • 1 cup fresh milk warm
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs










Instructions:


  • Combine the warm milk and the dry yeast and activate for 5 minutes.
  • Combine the dry ingredients (flour, bread flour, salt and white sugar) in a medium to large bowl and mix thoroughly.
  • Pour the milk with the activated mix with the combined dry ingredients.
  • Add in the cooking oil, vanilla essence as well as the ube or purple yam flavoring.
  • Mix them thoroughly, You may use purple yam jam, powder or root crop itself.
  • Knead for at lease 10 - 15 minutes or use a mixer.
  • Grease the bowl and let the dough rise for 1 and a half hour.
  • Cover it with a clean towel to prevent any unnecessary objects from falling on it.
  • Release the air from the dough by giving it a punch.
  • Cut the dough length wise and to the size of your desired pandesal or bread roll.
  • Flatten the dough and add in the cheese filling, seal and mold to the desired shape.
  • Line the dough in a flat tray, cover it with a clean towel and let rise for 1 hour.
  • Line the dough in a flat tray, cover it with a clean towel and let rise for 1 hour.
  • Bake at 180°C for 10 - 15 minutes.
  • Serve and Enjoy!







It was so so good guys!!

I enjoyed every bite!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment