Thursday, February 4, 2021

Pork Giniling with Quail Eggs

 

On busy days, My boys eat mostly their favorite.

Which is Mac and cheese, you know there's really nothing wrong with that.

I let them have what they want sometimes and I mean.. most days I don't have a lot of time to cook.

So when I do, I make sure It's something good!

I like making a dish that I can sneak in some veggies. 

Out of all Filipino dish, this is probably on the top of the list that my boys would eat, any day!




What is good about this is that it's really easy to make.
This dish is similar to Cuban Picadillo.
There is so many version of this.
My husband calls it Filipino Sloppy joe. haha!
I mean.. It's so good to eat with bread but its for sure better than sloppy joe's for me. :)
...And adding quail eggs is just better for additional protein.

Let me know what you guys think!






Ingredients


  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 onion, peeled and chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
  • 1 pound ground pork
  • 1 tablespoon fish sauce
  • 1 cup tomato sauce
  • 1/4 cup banana ketchup
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
  • 1 large carrot, peeled and cubed
  • 12 pieces quail eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
  • 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

  • In a wide pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened. 
  • Add ground pork and cook, breaking to pieces with the back of a spoon, for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until no longer pink. 
  • Add fish sauce and continue to cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
  • Add tomato sauce, banana ketchup, and water, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and continue to simmer until meat is tender and fully cooked. 
  • Add potatoes and carrots and cook until tender. 
  • Add quail eggs, green peas, and raisins and continue to cook until completely heated through and sauce is reduced.
  • Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with rice.



    So so good!!!


    Happy Weekend!
    Time to sit back, relax and enjoy Family time.


    xoxo
    -Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment