Sunday, July 4, 2021

Filipino-style Menudo

 

Remember my first version of Filipino menudo a while back?



It's very similar, It's quite the same but there's a little bit of difference. 
I finally got to find Beef liver!
Traditional Menudo uses Pork Liver, but beef liver will do just fine. 

I think I like it the most the second time I get to make dish.

Let me know what you guys think!!

Ingredients


  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 pieces red hotdog, sliced diagonally
  • 3/4 cup tomato sauce
  • 3 piece bay leaf
  • 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
  • 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1 tablespoon fish sauce
  • 2 cups water
  • 3 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1/2 pound beef liver, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • salt and pepper to taste

Instructions


  • In a pot over medium heat, heat oil. 
  • Add onions and garlic and cook until softened. 
  • Add pork and cook until lightly browned. 
  • Add fish sauce, bay leaf cook for about 1 minute.
  • Add tomato sauce, stir occasionally.
  •  Add water and bring to boil. Lower heat, cover, and cook for about 30 to 35 minutes or until pork is tender.
  • Add potatoes and carrots. Continue to simmer for around 4 to 5 minutes or until almost tender. 
  • Add liver and raisins. Stir to distribute. 
  • Cook for another 5 to 7 minutes or until liver is cooked through and sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.






Very simple, I feel so luck every time I get to find the Ingredients!!




Definitely my favorite version!

xoxo
-Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment