Saturday, August 1, 2015

Filipino Menudo




Saturday was a good day, I was in a mood to cook.
And I decided why not making something I been wanting to cook for a long time.

I love this dish, This dish is usually for special occasions in the Philippines.
My sister's Mother in-law makes the best Menudo, Every time I go home I would ask her if her Mother in-law is going to make it. Sometimes I'm too shy to ask.
So I decided to try if I can make Menudo. 
I think It's close. :)




Filipino Menudo


Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs. Pork
  • 1 Potato, Cubed
  • 1 Carrot, Cubed
  • 1 Can, Liver Spread
  • 1 Onion, Chopped
  • 2 Cloves garlic, Minced
  • 2 Tsp. Sugar
  • 5 Pieces Hotdog, Sliced
  • 2 Tbsp. Cooking oil
  • 2 Tbsp. Lemon
  • 1 Can, Tomato Sauce, 15 oz
  • 1/2 Cup Raisins
  • 1/2 Cup Green beans 
  • 3 Pieces Bay leaves
  • Salt and pepper to taste   
  • 4 Tbsp. Soy sauce
Directions:
  • Combine pork, Soy sauce, and lemon in a bowl, Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
  • Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic and onion.
  • Add the marinated pork and cook until brown.
  • Pour in tomato sauce and then bay leaves. Let it simmer for 30 minutes until meat is tender.
  • Add in the liver spread and hotdogs. cook for 5 minutes.
  • Put tomatoes and carrots, season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked the way you like it.
  • Serve with rice! 

- You can cook hotdogs first, Or potatoes. If you are worried that they won't get cooked the way you wanted it. 


Enjoy!


While I'm at the Asian store, Well this store has more Korean stuff. 
I found this drink, I love this drink! 
So refreshing and Delicious!

How's your weekend?
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment