Monday, October 3, 2016

Monday Meal Prep


Happy Monday everyone!
Who else is ready for a new week?
I usually do meal prepping on Sunday's 
but, Sunday's now are just relaxing days.

Meal prepping is definitely the best if you want to stay healthy.
It doesn't matter how much you work out because if you don't eat 
healthy its not going to work. I swear!

..And meal prepping also comes handy for a busy mom like me. 
I can't make meals all the time and if you have prepared meals already you can
eat it whenever you have time. 



For this week's meal prep I made Healthy sloppy joe's and Baked chicken.
Making all of this probably took 90 minutes. 



Healthy sloppy joe's


Ingredients:

1.5 pounds ground turkey (93/7) 
8 oz tomato paste 
¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons tomato sauce
1 Tablespoons garlic powder 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/2 Tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoons garlic salt 
2.5 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup 


Instructions:

1. In a deep pan or pot, brown ground turkey over medium heat until completely cooked. 
2. Stir in all ingredients. Once mixed, heat on low for an additional 5 minutes




I usually make two kinds of meal per week so I don't get tired of eating
the same thing all week.

The other meal I made is Baked chicken with mashed sweet potatoes and hard boiled egg for sides.
I just seasoned it with my favorite seasoning and baked it for 375 F for 30 minutes. 
For the mashed sweet potatoes, I baked it for 40 minutes at 400 F. 
I mashed it and seasoned it with salt and pepper. 
So simple!


There you have it.
Eating healthy doesn't have to be complicated. 
It may look hard but I swear its the best thing ever. 

Have a great week friends!

xo 



No comments:

Post a Comment