Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Oatmeal M&M Cookies






So, because of breastfeeding. 
I needed to eat oatmeal at least once a day. 
To be honest, it's not my favorite and I'm getting tired of
having it for breakfast. 
I've been loving cold meals these days.
Like smoothie bowls for breakfast. 
So I decided to find another way to have Oatmeal.

 I decided to make cookies!
I mean, Cookies are good! :)
If you are breastfeeding too, you can add flax seed and brewer's yeast 
in this recipe.
I just didn't add it with this one because I've been taking it as a supplement. 
But Flax seed and Brewer's yeast. They are really effective if you want 
to boost your milk supply.

Anyways, I highly recommend this recipe.
I love easy, delicious recipes like this. 
It's hard to mess up this one. 
Just make sure you use a room temperature butter and you are good to go. 
:) 


Oatmeal M&M Cookies


Ingredients: 

  • 1/2 cup  unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup   granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 and 2/3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup  all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup  M&Ms (or mini size)



Directions:

Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the softened butter and both sugars together on medium speed until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix on high until combined, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, toss the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together. Add to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Fold in the M&Ms. Dough will be thick. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.

Roll balls of dough (about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie) and place 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. I pressed a few extra M&Ms into the tops of the cookies for looks. Bake for 10-11 minutes until very lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look very soft. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment