Monday, September 5, 2016

Meal prep: Quinoa and Korean beef bowl and steak.




I lost track how many weeks I have been doing meal prepping since I had my baby.
But doing this had been really really helpful.

Meal prepping is actually mainly for hubby. 
He wanted to lose some weight and for me preparing your meals 
ahead of time is a great way to make sure that you are not eating food 
that you are not suppose to eat during the week.

We do have some unhealthy food.
But I always tell him and everybody that asks me
is that Moderation is the key.
Eating bad for a day or two won't sabotage your healthy eating during the week.
So go ahead treat yourself once in a while.

Moderation is definitely hard, I  know.
I can sit down and eat a whole container of Ice cream by myself. 
But you know, when you eat right you'll notice that you won't crave 
foods that is  not good for you. 
Starving yourself doesn't work either
I swear, I tried that and It's not good for you in a long run.



For this week. 
I made us 2 different kind of meals .
The first one is this delicious meal. 
I've been loving Quinoa so much these days and I'm so glad hubby liked it too.
This dish is so easy you can make it in 15 minutes.

                   QUINOA AND KOREAN BEEF BOWL


Ingredients
1 cup quinoa, dry but rinsed 
1 tablespoon vegetable oil 
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground ginger 
3 cloves garlic, minced 
1 pound lean ground beef 
1/3 cup brown sugar 
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil 
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more if you like it spicy salt and pepper, to taste 
2 green onions, thinly sliced 

Instructions 

1. Place the quinoa in a small stock pot and cover with 2 cups water or chicken stock. Bring to a full boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 15 minutes. 
2. While the quinoa cooks, heat the oil in a large pan. Cook the garlic and ginger for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the ground beef and brown completely. Drain the fat. 
3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
4. Add the soy sauce mixture to the ground beef and let cook for 3­5 minutes to allow the flavors to set. 
5. Once the quinoa is done, take off the heat and fluff with a fork. Serve beef over quinoa, top with green onion.


Don't skip the green onion!
It's so good with it.




The second meal has Pan fried steak with a little bit of olive oil.
Steamed broccoli and Roasted Sweet potatoes ( Recipe here )


I highly recommend meal prepping guys. 
Especially if you are busy and don't have time to cook everyday. 




No comments:

Post a Comment