Saturday, September 10, 2016

Mississippi Pot Roast







Hello everyone!
How is your weekend going?
Mine is a lot of cooking and football.
Well, It's on but I can't say I'm paying attention that much. haha!

Anyways, made a special dinner tonight.
I don't really get to eat eat with hubby during the week.
So on weekends I want to make it a little special.
..And I am craving for a crockpot meal!

Perfect timing because I think It's crockpot season!
Yeah!! 

There's so many amazing crockpot meal.
I've used my crockpot so many times and everything turns out so good.

I highly recommend this recipe!
So easy to make and so good!




Ingredients: 

  •  3­.5 lb. chuck roast 
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 packet ranch dressing mix
  • 1 packet dry onion soup mix
  • 1 stick butter  ( 1/2 cup)
  • 8 Peperoncini peppers

Directions:

 Heat up a large skillet on high. Add oil to hot skillet. You want it really hot here to brown or "sear" the beef quickly. (if you are in a rush, or just don’t feel like it, just skip the browning step altogether.)

Take a paper towel and make sure you dry both sides of the pot roast. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper.

 Once the skillet is nice and hot, add the roast. Allow the roast to cook for about 2­3 minutes until it is golden brown.

 Using tongs, flip the meat over and sear the other side of the roast for another 2­3 minutes.

Transfer meat to slow cooker. Sprinkle packets of dry ranch dressing and onion soup mixes over pot roast. Top with a stick of butter then place peppers on and around roast.




Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.




 Take two forks and start shredding the meat. Discard any big fatty pieces. If you want, you can cut up the peppers and stir those into the meat mixture for an extra kick of flavor.



Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or on a roll..




  

Decided to make my favorite homemade rolls too and it was so delicious like always










It was such a delicious meal.
Even me got so impressed how good it turned out. 

Let me know what you think! 

xo




No comments:

Post a Comment