Sunday, May 15, 2016

Fiesta Corn & Avocado salsa





Hello everyone!
It's been a while since I posted a recipe.
I've been busy these days and lazy too. haha!
Lately I like to make something easy and fresh and this salsa is just one of them.
Aside from craving for this Dip/salsa for a while, I love love this kind of dip because its so fresh. 
Hubby doesn't like onion and tomatoes but I'm glad he got to enjoy this too with me!



Ingredients:
  • 1 and 1/2 Cups fresh or canned corn kernels (I used canned)
  • 1 and 1/2 Cups black beans
  • 1/2 small red onion, diced
  • 1 Cup diced tomato
  • 1 avocado,chopped 
  • 1/4 cup cilantro
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • pinch of ground pepper
  • pink of cayenne pepper
  • 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)

Directions:
  • Add everything to a large bow. Stir. Taste and add more seasoning as needed.
  • Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 1 day. (It taste better after an hour and a little cold )
Note: The lime juice and red onion keeps the avocado from turning brown.
        



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment