Thursday, January 14, 2021

Filipino Style Chicken Curry


During the week is my favorite days to make all of the Asian food that I've been
craving.
I love it when my boys are willing to try new Asian dishes too. 
This dish can be as Spicy as you want.
This time I didn't make it spicy so the boys can enjoy it.
I think they loved it.





Ingredients


  • 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 medium potato - cut into wedges
  • 1 medium carrot - cut into wedges
  • 3 cloves garlic - minced
  • 1 small onion - chopped
  • 2 pounds chicken 
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 2 tablespoons curry powder
  • 1 tablespoon paprika powder (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 can (400mL) coconut milk 
  • 1 medium green bell pepper - cut into squares 
  • 1 piece fresh chili pepper cut into 4-5 pieces (or dried chili flakes) 

Instructions


  • Fry potato and carrots in oil until cooked and edges are lightly browned. Once done, remove from oil and then set aside.
  • Saute garlic and onion in the remaining oil over medium heat. Add chicken meat and sear each both sides for a minute. 
  • Add the fish sauce, curry powder, paprika powder, and ground pepper. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
  • Add coconut milk, and let it simmer until sauce thickens. I like it really thick so I cook it a little longer.
  • Add the carrots, potatoes and bell pepper and chili and cook for another minute.
  • Transfer to a serving dish and serve with rice or your favorite side.


    Something quick to make for Dinner.
    Let me know what you guys think!

    xoxo 
    -Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment