Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Fried Galunggong with Salted Egg and Tomato Salad


After having meaty dishes these past few days.
Cooking some fish and light salad is good.

I love eating leftovers but I'm more of a variety kind of person.
I could probably eat leftovers just few days and then after that I need to cook something fresh.

This Dish was so good.
Something simple, flavorful and fresh. 
Reminds of me my motherland.

Frying Galunggong without cornstarch should be fine if you don't have any.
I just like it a little crispy. 
So, its really up to your preference.


Let me know what you guys think!




Ingredients


    For the Galunggong


  • 4 pieces medium round scad galunggong, cleaned
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup Cornstarch or flour
  • 1/2 cup Cooking oil

Salted egg and tomato salad 


  • 1 salted egg, sliced
  • 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
  • 1 medium tomato, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon  scallion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil

Instructions


  • Rub salt all over the fish including the cavity. Dip the fish in cornstarch/flour then let it stay for 5-10 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, prepare the salted egg and tomato salad by combining all of its ingredients in a bowl. Gently toss. Set aside.
  • Heat oil in a frying pan.
  • Once the oil gets hot, put the fish one after the other.  You will know that the fish is ready when the crackling sound from the pan mellows down. 
  • Turn the fish over and do the same step to the opposite side. Remove the fish from the pan. Let the oil drip.
  • Arrange in a serving plate with salted egg and tomato salad.
  • Serve with spicy vinegar or your favorite seafood dip.
  • Share and enjoy!




I can have this kind of meal everyday.


Enjoy!

xoxo

-Jen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment