Saturday, March 27, 2021

Tortang Giniling



As much as I can, I try to make different kinds of dish/meals for my boys to have. 
It's so easy to just make them Pizza or Chicken nuggets.
But, I don't want them to grow up eating the same thing and become so picky. 
Also, they are half Filipinos SO they need to at least try all the Filipino Dish. 

For today, I made Tortang Giniling.
It's a kind of Filipino Omelette.
I mean, very basic, easy to make.
It's the best way to hide those veggies. 

I think they loved it. 
We also made it as a Sandwich and it was a good idea!

Let me know what you guys think!




Ingredients

  • 3/4 lb. ground pork or beef
  • 6 pieces raw eggs
  • 1 medium-sized onion diced
  • 2 medium sized tomatoes diced
  • 4 cloves garlic chopped
  • 1 small green bell pepper minced
  • 1 small red bell pepper minced
  • 1/2 cup frozen green peas
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 3 tablespoons cooking oil

Instructions

  • Heat a frying pan or wok and pour-in 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
  • When the oil is hot enough, sauté the onion, garlic, and tomato.
  • Add the ground meat and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
  • Put-in the bell peppers and green peas. Cook for 3 minutes.
  • Add salt and pepper then stir to distribute. Transfer to a large bowl. Let it cool down.
  • When the cooked ground meat reaches room temperature, beat the eggs and pour into the bowl same bowl. Stir to distribute all the ingredients.
  • Heat a clean non-stick pan. Add the remaining cooking oil.
  • Scoop 1/3 of the egg and pork mixture to the pan.
  • Cook each side for 3 minutes or until you see that the eggs are fully cooked. Avoid overcooking the eggs. Do the same step until the mixture is consumed.
  • Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
  • Serve with banana ketchup or any dip preferred.



I also made Air fried Tilapia. (30 mins in the Air fryer 375F Flipping half way.)

I can never get tired of Seafood.
Now that I can make Fried Seafood whenever I want and not worry about all the mess.
It makes me so happy!



I also made my favorite Mango Salsa to pair it with.


 

Enjoy!!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment