Tuesday, September 1, 2015

1 year of Blogging.



Unbelievable! September 1st marked my one year of anniversary of blogging.
I can't believe it.
Let's face it, I wasn't sure if my blog would last beyond a month or two.
I certainly wasn't sure my blog would still be here a year later. I wasn't sure I could find enough 
to talk about to last a whole year. But here I am!









Last year, I was sitting in my bedroom with my Ipad, Looking at blogs on Pinterest.
I mean, Who doesn't love pinterest? My first Idea was just a Food blog that I can put all of the recipes I tried and love. But then, I love yoga, Fitness, Travel. I love pictures!
I'm not really a talker, I get worried sometimes that my grammar is wrong.
Like, What am I going to say? I even get worried what caption I will put on my pictures on Instagram.
But Blogger changed my life.
This is where I put, write whatever I want and I don't care what people would think.
This is my own little online world.

My first post was ( My first blog post. ) I still feel a little bit nervous sometimes, but Blogging gave me a little confidence to just say whatever I want to say.
The first couple post I did too was food ( Beef Stew) and my other love (Yoga)

Most of the food recipes I found is from Pinterest or from my Ipad App called "AllRecipes"
They have all of the recipes you could ever think of.

Most of my most viewed post is food since I posted them on Pinterest and Recipe Magic 

Recipe Magic is a sharing community that helps you plan, organize, and create perfect meals every time. You can save, find recipes there. They will share some of your recipes on their Social network which helps a food blogger like me increase traffic and build followers.

I've read many blogs posts where people share lessons that they've learned and mistakes they've made. I would like to add a few things that I learned in my first year:


1. Blogging is hard. 
   
               It takes research and it takes a lot of work to bring interest content to your readers.
You can write or post whatever you want. But you need to make it the best post possibly can be.
Create your own style, You want people to be able to recognize your words even without your name being attached. (Though your name should always be attached)


2. Just because you don't talk much, You can't blog.

              At first, You will get a little intimidated but you will find yourself talking a lot when you post about something you love.
You'll never run out of things to blog about. Just be yourself.

3. Managing a blog takes way more time than you think.

              Way more time. Especially just putting all of the small details to make it pretty.
But, It's worth it.

4. You don't need to spend a lot of money to blog.

              It's okay to smart small, I get intimidated when i see other blogs with awesome pictures.
I like to use my phone so it will look as is as much as possible. I have my Nikon DSLR but I stick to my phone as much as possible.

5. A blog is a reflection of one's self!

             This is the line that describes my blog and what I am about. I feel that a blog is an extension of you. the blogger. It's important to keep in mind. When people are reading your blog, they need to feel like that they are walking into your mind or sitting across from you cooking or having fun with you.

I can't imagine myself and my life without blogging, I am in love with it.
It's definitely a challenge, But I must say there's never a dull moment.
What a great community to be part of.

So here's to many more years of blogging!

Few of my Popular post. I love list and I know you do too.
So you will noticed that I have lots of list on my Blog, check it out!

Breakfast Wreath
Chicken, Broccoli and Rice
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment