Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Southwest Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels


I absolutely love it when I have reason to make/cook food!
Last night I had to make something for Hubby's Potluck.

This has been on one of my want to make list.
So glad I got to make it. I thought It was hard. 
You just really have to make it ahead of time.

I had to double this Recipe so it will be enough for the potluck and for us. 


You can use Rotisserie chicken, But if you don't want to. 
You can make your own. 
Place a couple of Tbsp. of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Season 2 large boneless,skinless chicken breasts with some seasoning salt and pepper.
Add it to the skillet and cook just long enough to get a good sear. About 3 minutes per side.
Lower heat to medium-low and add 1 cup of chicken broth. Cover skillet and let the chicken simmer for about 10 minutes or until cooked through and tender enough to shred.
Remove from heat and let cool.

Then, to shred it.
I have found the easiest way to do it.


Yup, mixer!
I used my Hand mixer, But I bet you can use any mixer and it was way way easier than using your hand or fork. 


Southwest Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels



Ingredients:
  • 1 (8 ounce) Cream cheese
  • 3 Tbsp. Sour cream
  • 1 (10 ounce) Rotel tomatoes, drained
  • 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt (I used Lawry's)
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 5 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1 (2.25 ounce) can chopped olives
  • 1 can green chilies (or you can use 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped)
  • 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
  • Flour tortillas or wraps in assorted flavors
Instructions:

  • Use a mixer to combine cream cheese, sour cream, diced tomatoes, garlic and seasonings.

  • Use a spoon to stir in cheese, green onions, olives, green chilies and shredded chicken.
  • Divide mixture between the tortillas, spreading out evenly leaving about a 1/2" border at the edge.
  • Roll up tightly.
  • Wrap roll ups tightly in plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour or until ready to serve.
  • Remove from refrigerator and use a sharp knife to slice into 2" pieces.


Enjoy!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment