Monday, December 14, 2015

Biko (Sweet Rice Pudding)






My love for rice is through the roof.
I mean, other than being Asian,
Lately Rice have been the best to eat on my meals.
It's filling and healthy (With right portions)

I love it for dessert too!
I've been missing this Filipino dessert for a long long time.
I can't even remember the last time I had it.
I'm so proud of myself that I know how to make it now.
Well, It's actually not that hard.
It's just a lot of mixing and making this takes time and patience.
But it's definitely worth it!


Biko
(Sweet Rice Pudding)

Ingredients:

  • 2 Cups Sweet rice
  • 2 1/4 Cups water
  • 2 Cups brown sugar
  • 4 Cups Coconut milk
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla

Topping:
  • 2 Cups Coconut milk 

Directions:

For the topping:
  • Place small sauce pan over medium heat
  • Add 2 cups coconut milk and let it boil.
  • Keep stirring until sauce curdles to golden brown color.

For the Biko:
  • Wash the rice. With a rice cooker, Cook the sweet rice by using 2 1/4 cups of water.
  • Set aside and let it cool off.
  • Place medium sauce pan over medium high heat.
  • Add 4 cups coconut milk and let it boil.
  • Add 2 cups brown sugar.
  • Mix util sugar is completely dissolved.
  • Turn heat to medium-low.
  • Keep mixing until sauce thickens.
  • Add vanilla (Optional)
  • Add cooked sweet rice.
  • Keep mixing and folding until sauce evaporates.
  • Transfer in a serving tray.
  • Top with curdled coconut milk.
  • Serve in room temperature.


Enjoy!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment