Thursday, December 24, 2015

Maja Blanca and Christmas eve dinner.




When i lived in the Philippines as a tradition we always have our Christmas Dinner on
Christmas eve.
..And on Christmas day it depends if there's more food that need to be cooked, But Christmas Day is Leftover food kind of day.
..And since this year we  spent Christmas day with friends I decided to make our dinner on Christmas eve.
I love it! 
This might be our new tradition every year.



I started cooking early and made my Favorite Ham!
This usually takes 3-4 hours to bake.
So worth it.



I also made our favorite side dishes Green bean casserole and my Mashed potatoes. 
Recipe here ( Cheesy mashed potatoes )


For dessert, I made a Filipino dessert. 
My husband is picky with Filipino dessert. 
..And that's okay, More for me! :)

Maja Blanca 


Ingredients
  • 1 Can coconut milk
  • 1 1/2 cup evaporated or fresh milk
  • 1 Cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 3/4 Cup cornstarch dissolved in 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 can Corn kernel, drained
  • 1/ Cup toasted coconut flakes


Directions:
  • Grease a 8x8 or 9x9 square pan with cooking spray. set aside.
  • Combine coconut milk and condensed milk in a pot and bring to boil over medium-high heat while stirring occasionally.
  • Add the corn kernel. Pour in the cornstarch mixture and stir constantly and quickly until the texture turn into paste-like consistency. Remove from heat and transfer to greased pan immediately. Gently tap the pan on the kitchen counter a couple of times to get rid of the trapped bubbles and even out surface with spatula or spoon.
  • Let the maja Blanca Settle down and cool down.
  • Roast coconut flakes in a pan over low fire until browned. Stir constantly to avoid burning them. Set aside.
  • Sprinkle top with roasted coconut flakes.
  • Store in the fridge. Serve cold.
It was a lot of mixing.
But oh so worth it!


Can't have any alcoholic beverages this year, But I made sure that hubby will still continue 
our tradition.
Sparkling wine was so good.



I still can't believe I can do this much cooking!


What do you usually make for Christmas Dinner?

xo 
Jen









No comments:

Post a Comment