Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Rocky Mountains, Colorado


After our sightseeing at the beautiful Horsetooth Reservoir 
I thought it will be hard to beat it, but when we went to Rocky mountains.
It blew me away.
It was so breathtaking!
The drive going up to it was the best.
I'm grateful to be able to see it myself.


If you are planning on going to Rocky mountain, I suggest going early
Because there's so many things to see!
..And the drive will take a little bit of time.



So we were up and ready to go early.
Even my little munchkin!



Family pictures at Estes park sign.
You will see this before you drive up the Rocky mountains.




We had a little picnic before going to the top of Rocky mountains. 
It was a little chilly because the picnic area was covered with trees
But, It was really nice there.




It's like you are in the middle on nowhere.
There was literally no internet, no cellphone signal there!



The water was freezing cold!





After the picnic we stopped at this area.
There was suppose to be a pathway to a waterfall.
But, they said that it got flooded here really bad.
So the bridge and pathway to it is gone.
So sad!
But, it still looked nice!!!




It was a long walk but the breeze and sunshine made it all better.
Perfect combination!






At 3pm we started our drive to the top. 
The temperature there was just at 50 F
As higher we get it got lower as expected.
It was 40 degrees F on the top!
It was chilly and little breezy.
The drive was probably my favorite part.
It's the best view I've ever seen in my life!




There was snow on top of the mountain so we let little man played for a little bit.
The gift shops were closed when we went because I guess they closed this season.
They said it usually snow this time of the year that nobody get to go to the top because of the snow.

That's crazy!
Hubby went here before but he didn't made it to the top because it was snowing and the 
road wasn't safe. 
I swear the drive was scary, I don't even want to drive on that road.



 Anyways, this is the view from the top!
How awesome is that??


Picture with the family!




Cousins.




I just can't stop taking a picture. 

When we got there though, It's like I got paralyzed and 
just want to stare at it. 
Just so awesome.


We got back down to Estes park just in time. 
It was almost dark.




We got to see these elks before we left.
It's so cool how much elks are hanging out there.
They are very wild they said, so can't go any closer.
There was couple of them fighting at each other!




After that fun sightseeing we decided to walk around Estes.
Where all the shops, gift stores, restaurants were.
I don't know if its normal but after being in the cold I wanted some..





 Ice cream!! haha



All of us had some.
What an awesome day.


xo



No comments:

Post a Comment