Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pandesal Recipe

 
 
Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
 
Today I want to share you this classic Filipino recipe that I made the other day, I wasn't planning on making it but I was texting with my mom and I asked her what is her breakfast and she told me, Pandesal with some coffee..she kind of sound like she's making me jealous. well.. I did got jealous! So I went to my favorite place in our house and make this amazing classic Filipino bread.
 
 

 
 
Pandesal is a classic Filipino bread. These bread rolls are widely enjoyed in breakfast or even throughout the day.
 
I never thought I could make this homemade, There's just something about this delicious bread that makes me think that it's impossible for me to make it myself.
 
I have a dream of owning a bakery  in the Philippines one day, I don't know if it's because I'm a bread lover, dessert lover or I just love to bake.. Maybe one day that dream will happen! But for now, I will just continue baking in my own kitchen! haha! :)
 
 


Ingredients:

 

  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 cups bread flour
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • 5 tbsp butter, melted
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1¼ cup fresh milk, warm
  • 1 pouch rapid rise yeast
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 piece raw egg
  • 1 tbsp cooking oil

 
 
Directions:
 
  1. Combine the yeast, sugar, and warm milk and stir until the yeast and sugar are fully dissolved
  2. In the mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients starting with the flour then the sugar, salt, and baking powder . Mix well by stirring
  3. Add the egg, butter, cooking oil, and yeast-sugar-milk mixture in the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients then mix again until a dough is formed. Use your clean hands to effectively mix the ingredients.
  4. In a flat surface, knead the dough until the texture becomes fine. For faster and easier kneading, you may use a Stand Mixer with dough hook.
  5. Mold the dough until shape becomes round then put back in the mixing bowl. Cover the mixing bowl with damp cloth and let the dough rise for at least 1 hour
  6. Put the dough back to the flat surface and divide into 4 equal parts using a dough slicer
  7. Roll each part until it forms a cylindrical shape
  8. Slice the cylindrical dough diagonally (These slices will be the individual pieces of the pandesal)
  9. Roll the sliced dough over the breadcrumbs and place in a baking tray with wax paper (makes sure to provide gaps between dough as this will rise later on)
  10. Leave the sliced dough with breadcrumbs in the tray for another 10 to 15 minutes to rise
  11. Pre-heat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes
  12. Put the tray with dough in the oven and bake for 15 minutes
  13. Turn off the oven and remove the freshly baked pandesal.
  14. Serve hot. Share and enjoy!

 
 
 
 
 
These how they looked like before i put them in the oven.
 

 
 
They are so good fresh!!
 
Enjoy!
 
xo-Jen :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment