Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday Food Prep

 
 
I firmly believe that weekend food prep plays a major part of our ability to eat healthy during the week.
 
 
 
I have been doing this for 4 months now and so far I'm really loving this, I don't think i will stop.
 
 I make sure that I make time on Sunday morning or afternoon to make our food for the week, Especially for a mom like me, it's hard to make meals during the week so doing it on the weekend is so much easier, my husband can just grab it before he leaves for work during the week and I can just heat it up when I wake up in the morning.
 
It does take time to make all of this but it's worth it!
I try to change it up sometimes so my husband won't get tired of it, and so far he said that i'm doing a great job!
 
 
 
For the vegetables here's what I did
Quick Roasted Vegetables

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound asparagus
  • 1 pound fresh carrots, peeled and cut
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
  • 1 Tsp Lemon pepper
  • 1 Tsp Garlic salt
  • 1 Tsp black pepper
Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place carrots and asparagus on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, lemon pepper, garlic salt, pepper and thyme. Toss to coat.
  • Roast for 25 minutes. Tossing every 10 minutes.
 


 


 
For the chicken fried rice, I tried to make it a little healthy so I used brown rice.
 
Ingredients:
 
  • 1 lb chicken, about 2-3 chicken
  • 3 cups cooked brown rice.
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 2-3 Tbsp soy sauce(more or less to taste)
 
 
Instructions:
  • Cook and shred the chicken.
  • Preheat large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion and peas and fry until tender.
  • Add the rice and chicken. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice, peas, and chicken until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions if desired.
 
I usually add vegetables on the side for our meal that's why i didn't put that much vegetable on the fried rice, but you can add carrots, scrambled eggs on it if you want.
I will post my other version of fried rice soon!
 
Xo-Jen


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment