Friday, May 1, 2015

Baking Friday.





Hi guys! 
How was your weekend? I had an amazing weekend!
Busy but Fun!
I didn't get that much chance to cook anything new, I'm usually scared to make something I never made before, I'm not really a risk taker with food.
But, with cookies I take risks especially if it's not the only one I'm making.

These cookies are good, You just have to make sure everything is ready before you make it.
That's the thing about baking homemade cookies that I learned, You have to make sure
you follow the recipe, If it calls for Room temperature butter or eggs, You have to do it.

I usually take out eggs and butter 2 hours before I start baking. Or, you can put eggs in a hot water for 5-8 minutes then it will be temperature. I'm not sure with the butter I haven't tried to do something else. One of these days I will find ways to make it room temperature that doesn't need a lot of time or when you forget to do it.

Anyway, I made cookies for Saturday, It was little man's early birthday celebration 
and we had people over for the fight!
It was a huge hit, I probably could eat it all by myself too! haha!


Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Cup butter (Softened to room temperature)
  • 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 Cup brown sugar
  • 1 large egg (Room temperature)
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
  • 1 Cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
  • 1 tsp. Baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1 and 1/4 Cups white chocolate chips plus more to sprinkle on top



Directions:
  • Using a handheld mixer, or stand mixer cream butter and sugar on a medium speed. Cream it all together until light and fluffy.
  • Beat in egg and vanilla.
  • In a different bowl, toss flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together.
  • Slowly add to the wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
  • Chill for at least 2 hours. (Mandatory)
  • Preheat oven to 350 F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
  • Take 2 tbsp. of chilled dough and roll into a ball and put few more white chocolate chips on top if desired.
  • Bake for 12 minutes 
  • Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy! 




I also made one of my favorite cookie, I made this a lot of times! 


 While getting some of the food ready to be cooked for Saturday, We had wine and this.

I never had it before, and it was so good!
I wish they sell this here in the U.S. 


Little man's cake also got here Friday. 
Thank goodness I save some cake pictures from the internet that I would want for little man, Because the bakery that made his cake didn't have that much option that we like so they copied this.
It was hubby's choice.



..And this is how they made it. I loved it!
We made some few changes that's why it didn't look the same. 
But i love the grass and the race track.
We waited till Saturday before we added the other decorations.


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment