Friday, May 22, 2015

Oreo Red Velvet Cupcakes




Finally got to make Red velvet cupcakes, been thinking about making frosted cupcakes
for a long long time. I always have second thoughts about it because my husband is not really 
a cake/cupcake eater, that's one of the reason why I make lots of Cookies because that's his favorite, And I don't want to eat all of the dessert I make by myself. 


I told him I want to make a dessert and he said he doesn't care what it is. 
So I made these! 
It might not look perfect but I'm just so happy to say that I made this myself! 
And of course, I don't mind sharing the recipe with you. 
Let me know what you think! 




Oreo Red Velvet Cupcakes 

Ingredients:
Red Velvet Cake:
  • 1 Box Red Velvet Cake mix
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1/2 Cup oil
  • 1/2 Cup Sour Cream 
  • 1/2 Cup Milk
  • 24 Oreos
Oreo Buttercream:
  • 10 Oreos, twist and scrape off the cream filling
  • 1/2 Cup butter, softened
  • 8 Oz Cream Cheese
  • 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
  • 3-4 Cups Powdered Sugar
  • Extra Oreos for Decoration
Directions:
  • Preheat Oven to 350F and line pans with cupcake lines.
  • Sift cake mix into a small bow and set aside.
  • In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, sour cream, milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
  • Stir in cake mix.
  • Take Oreos and place one at the bottom of each cupcake liner.


  • Scoop batter over each oreo to fill the liner about 3/4
  • Bake for 20 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
  • Let cool.
Oreo Frosting:
  • Take your Oreo cookies (Just the chocolate pieces not the filling) and crush in a food processor or plastic bag using a rolling pin.
  • Sift finely crushed oreos to remove any lumps 
  • In a stand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla extract and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
  • Fold in crushed Oreos. 
  • Pipe onto cold Cupcakes and top with extra Oreos.





Enjoy!
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment