Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sunday Meal Prep.

 
 
 
 
My Sunday ritual has become meal prep. The busier life gets, the more essential this has become. Prepping some of our food for the week allows me to have a healthy, stress-free week when it comes to meal planning. I don't prep everything, but the most of the essentials. That way when I do have to cook, I only have to prepare one or two side dishes. I try to make it healthy as much as possible! This prepped food usually lasts until Wednesday or Thursday. and then I cook something light the rest of the week, I could prepare for the whole week but by Thursday me and my husband usually ready for something fresh and new.
 
 
Beef Fried Rice
 


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
  • 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 cups of cooked white rice or brown
  • 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 1 cup frozen green peas
  • 2 tbsp. soy sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
       
  • Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat
  • When pan is hot, add eggs salt and pepper. Scramble. Transfer to a dish. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
  • Add ground beef to pan. Brown and transfer to a dish. Wipe wok with a paper towel.
  • Add remaining tbsp. of oil to pan. Add garlic and onion, Stir fry about 30 seconds, being careful not to let garlic burn.
  • Add the rice, peas, corn and soy sauce to pan. Stir fry 1-2 minutes
  • Return egg and beef to pan. Stir fry about a minute or tow until peas and corn are warmed through. Taste and add more soy sauce if desired.


          

Roasted Carrots
 
 
 
 
 
 
Roasting carrots is really easy!
I posted it Here
 
 
 
I made some chicken wrap too, I just put some cooked chicken, lettuce, cheese and some ranch and that's it! it's one of my favorite quick Lunch, and hubby loves wraps! The other side is Steamed Broccoli it's easy and so good.
 
I hope you find this helpful, I'm looking forward to sharing next weeks meals, I'm Looking for new ideas for food prep, what are yours??
 
-xo Jen
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment