Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Hello Everyone! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas, It has been a busy couple of days for me. It feels good to log off sometimes.
 
Christmas Eve for me is all about tradition, Even though it's not the same tradition I grew up to, I love making new tradition for my family.
 
 
I received a present from somebody I just knew on Instagram. It's amazing when somebody who barely know you would think of doing that, I didn't even care what she sent us but it's the thought that counts.
 
 












We decided to just have everything Finger foods, I thought we would be eating less but, oh my.. I was wrong! haha
 
We had some Bacon wrapped Jalapeno peppers, Crackers with Peanut butter cinnamon Greek yogurt dip, Recipe is Here. Some vegetables with Ranch dip and I made this Jalapeno Popper dip that hubby requested. It was easy to make.
 
Ingredients:
  • 8 Jalapeno peppers, deveined and diced
  • 1 medium onion,diced
  • 1 Cup mayonnaise
  • 2 8 ounces package of cream cheese
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese.
  • 2 oz. chopped green chillies
  • 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
  • 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
  • 2-3 dashes garlic powder
 
Instructions:
  • Saute jalapeno peppers and onion in olive oil or coconut oil.
  • Add all ingredients into a small slow cooker and set on warm
  • When cheese is softened (30 minutes or so) mix all ingredients thoroughly
  • Make sure the dip doesn't get too hot, just warm and melty.
 
 
 


Enjoy!




 
We watched the last couple of episode of Dexter while eating, I know, we should watched Christmas movie but my husband is not really a fan of Christmas movie, and I want something that we will both enjoy. It was good! I didn't like the ending though I'm a fan of happy endings.


 

 
After watching we gave little man his Christmas Eve box, It's our first time making this. It has Christmas Pj's, popcorn, movie (again, hubby is not a fan of Christmas movie so we didn't get kurtis a Christmas movie either. haha!) A toy, some candies and a book.
He loved it! I gave him a bath and he watched his movie. I think he enjoyed it.
 

 
At 12 midnight when little man was in bed already. Me and hubby did our Christmas eve tradition, We make Gingerbread house and drink some Eggnog, Last year we made chocolate house.
 Chocolate house is much easier. I love doing this for Christmas Eve, it was hard but fun!
 

 What is your Christmas Eve tradition?
xoxo  -Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment