Friday, December 19, 2014

Eggnog Pancakes with Raspberry Maple Syrup

 
 
 






Happy Friday everyone!
It's Friday, and if you all don't know yet, I love making special breakfast on Fridays. I don't really get to eat breakfast with hubby all week long and Friday's is usually the day he has time, So I try to make it special.
 
Decided to make some Eggnog Pancakes today, I wish this is not seasonal! I can have this all year long!
 
Been using this recipe of pancakes all the time, the only difference I did was the milk, I looked everywhere to find a really good fruit topping, I've been seeing a recipe for Cranberry topping. But I was kind of worried that I won't like it so I used Raspberry instead. I loved it! Maybe next time, I'll give Cranberry a try.
 
 
 

Ingredients:

(Makes 8 servings)

  • 1  1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 3 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 3/4 cup Eggnog
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 3 tablespoon of butter, melted
  • 1 tablespoon sugar

Directions:

  • In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
  • Make a well in the center and pour in the eggnog, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth
  • Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
  • Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
  • Brown both sides and serve hot.
 
 
 
 
Raspberry Maple Syrup
  • I added 2 cup of fresh raspberry (you can also use frozen) to a pan along with 1 cup of maple syrup and 2 tbsp. of butter.
  • I simmered the syrup until the raspberries began to burst a bit and softened and the syrup was warmed through. Once the syrup is thickened and blended together, I poured the sauce over each stack of  pancakes.


 
Garnish with some syrup if desired!
 
 
 
Cheesy Spam and Eggs
 
I always make these Scrambled eggs every time I make pancakes, It's a perfect combination with pancakes.
 

 
Ingredients:
  • 1 can Spam, chopped in cube
  • 4 Eggs, Beaten
  • 3/4 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
  • salt and pepper
 
Directions:
  • In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and season with salt and pepper.
  • Melt the butter in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
  • Cook the Spam and cook, stirring until a little brown. Add the egg and cook, stirring until loosely set. about 3 minutes.
  • Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs and stir to combine. Continue to cook, stirring for 2 to 4 minutes depending on desired firmness of the eggs.
               I sprinkled some dried parsley for garnish :)  Serve immediately.
                                                          Enjoy! xo
  
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment