Friday, December 5, 2014

Red Velvet Whoopie Pie Sandwhich Cookies

 
 
 
 
Hello everyone!
I hope you all had a great week, I'm so happy its Friday I'm excited to spend the weekend with my family.
 
 
Decided to make cookies today, there's so many Christmas cookies I want to make, I wish I have enough time to make all of them! Today I decided to make these, I have been wanting to make this for a long long time. I'm just really worried that it won't turn out good. But it actually turn out perfect. I'm so happy! If you love Red velvet you should try this! Let me know what you think. :)



Ingredients:
  • 1 (18.25 oz.) Box of Red velvet cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Frosting:
  • 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese,softened
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 2 tsp. milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3-4 cups powdered sugar (depending on the consistent you like, thicker the better)
 
 
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Mix together the cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil in a large bowl.
  • Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts.
  • Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
  • Bake in the preheated oven until the tops start to crack, about 8-10 minutes

  • Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely.
  • In a large bowl combine cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla. Add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing well with each addition. If consistency is too stiff, add more milk.
  • Spread generous amount of using on the bottom of a cookie, sandwich it with another cookie pressing firmly so that the icing comes all the way out to the edge.
  • Repeat it with the remaining cookies. Makes about 15-20 sandwich cookies (depending on how you make your cookies.

Enjoy!!! :)
 
xo
 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment