Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Fruit Salad (Filipino Style)

 
 
 
 
 
Hello everyone! It's Christmas eve tomorrow, and it's Christmas eve in my motherland right now, I'm sad that I won't be able to be there for the holidays again.. But I'm happy that my little family is healthy, my husband is here with me, and that's perfect already.
 
So instead of getting sad, I usually just cook, or make something that will remind me of my motherland. So that when I talk to my family later I won't get too jealous with the awesome food they are having while they are in front of the computer talking to me! haha
 
This Fruit salad is so easy to make, In the Philippines its considered as staple in all gatherings especially Christmas. The good thing about this dessert is that it doesn't require cooking, just mixing and chopping and you can be creative by adding any fruit that you would like.
 
 
 
Ingredients:
  • 2 Cans Fruit cocktail
  • 1 Jar Nata de Coco
  • 1 Jar Green Kaong
  • 1 Jar Shredded coconut
  • 2 Can Condensed Milk (14 oz.)
  • 1 Can Table Cream (14 oz. )
  • 2 Apples, chopped
  • 1/2 cup Grapes
  • 1 Can mandarin oranges, drained
  • 1 Cup cheddar cheese, cubed
 
Directions:
  • Drain all of the juices of canned fruit cocktail and mandarin oranges
  • Transfer to large mixing bowl, then add the nata de coco, kaong, shredded coconut, apples, grapes, and cheese
  • Add the condensed cream and table cream. Combine with the rest of the ingredients. Make sure its mixed evenly.
  • Chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving


Enjoy! :)
 
 

 
 
 

What dessert are you making for Christmas Eve? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment