Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Banana-Blueberry Overnight Oats



 
 
Finally got to try Overnight Oats today, I usually have Smoothies every morning and I told myself that I will try different breakfast, If you haven't tried overnight oats it's basically uncooked oatmeal mixed with milk, yogurt, and your favorite toppings and sweetener. The oats absorb the milk and yogurt overnight, making them soft and ready to eat in the morning.
 
You don't need to cook them, simply grab and go. The beauty of this simple recipe is that you can mix in any kind of topping you prefer. Same goes with sweetener, or none at all.
I used Coconut milk with this one, Because I love love Coconut. I didn't think it made a lot of difference but you can use any milk that you prefer. I'm excited to try this with different topping.
 
 
 
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/3 Cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 2/3 Cup milk ( I used Coconut milk)
  • 1 tsp. Honey or any sweetener you prefer
 
Topping:
                 Sliced bananas, Blueberries, Cinnamon, And Pecans
 
Directions:
  • In a bowl or mason jar, add oats, yogurt, milk and honey. Add the milk add more or less depending on how thick you prefer your oats.
  • Cover and chill in refrigerator overnight.
  • Top with sliced bananas, Blueberries, Pecans and a dash of cinnamon when ready to eat.

 

 
I added a little bit of milk before I added the topping because I didn't want it to be too thick, And it was perfect. :)
 
Enjoy! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment