Monday, September 8, 2014

My Favorite Blueberry cheesecake pie! :)

 
 
 




I'm going to be honest, I'm not a professional cook.. and probably not a good food blogger, but I'm just really proud of myself that i got to make this cheesecake, I'm not interested to cooking before but when my hubby asked me to marry him, I know I have to learn! haha
 
 
I was a little unsure if i should make this or not, I just thought it's really hard to make it.. For my first cheesecake I decided to make a pie cheesecake to make sure that it will look good, I don't know but for me the presentation is more important to me, the taste Is just the second. haha!
 
Anyway, this is really easy to make and yes it was really good!! i swear i won't share it if it wasn't good! :)
 
 
Ingredients
(adapted from betty crocker)
  • 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
  • 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
 
Blueberry topping:
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tbsp. lemon juice (optional)
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries
Directions:
  • Heat oven to 425F. Slowly and gently unroll crust. Place crust in ungreased 9 inch pie plate; press firmly against side and bottom. Fold excess crust under and press together to form thick crust edge; flute. Line crust with 10 inch parchment paper or foil circle. Fill bottom of crust about 1/2 inch deep with metal or ceramic pie beans( use rice or dry beans if you don't have pie beans) Bake 10 minutes.
  • Reduce heat to 375F. Remove parchment paper and beans from the crust. Return crust to oven; bake an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until bottom looks dry and is just turning to light brown
  • Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium high speed just until blended; pour into crust.
  • Cover edge of crust with strips of foil to present excessive browning. Bake to 25-30 minutes or until filling is set but center still jiggles slightly when moved. Cool 1 hour at room temperature.
  • Meanwhile make the blueberry topping; In a 1 1/2 quart sauce pan mix sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in water and lemon juice until smooth. Stir 1 cup blueberries. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 2 minutes or until thickened and most berries have popped. Stir in remaining 1 cup blueberries.
  • Spread blueberry mixture over cooled cheesecake. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator.
 
-Make sure you don't over cook the blueberry topping since it will thicken as it cools.
                        
 
 
 

 
 
                                              Enjoy!
                                                                xo-Jen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment