Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Peanut Butter & Banana French toast

 
 
 
 
Good morning everyone! I hope you are all having a great day so far!
I'm so excited to share you the recipe of this Stuffed French toast that I made this morning they were so good makes me want to make some again tomorrow! :)
 
 
 
 
I think I'm on the internet so much that I see these awesome ideas especially for breakfast, it's my favorite meal of the day! I would eat breakfast all day if I can! :)
 
I made this French toast with my homemade White bread I will share it with you too, I like making homemade bread, it's easy and I like eating freshly baked bread.
 
Anyway this is what you need for the French toast
 
Ingredients:
 
  • 1 Banana
  • 2 Slices of bread
  • 1-2 Tbsp Smooth peanut butter
  • Honey
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/8 cup Heavy Cream
  • 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla
  • 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
  • Dash of salt
  • Butter
 
 
Directions:
 
  • Lets start with the French toast mix, In a bowl combine eggs, heavy cream, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and dash of salt. gently whip until the eggs have been scrambled and everything is combined.
  • For the sandwhich, Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on each slice of bread, place your sliced banana on one slice, drizzle some honey on the other slice and put sandwhich together.
  • Get a pan on a medium heat with about a tablespoon of butter.
  • Once it has heated and butter is beginning to bubble, dip your sandwhich in the egg mixture, coating each side and then fry in the pan about 3-4 minutes per side (or until brown)
  • Once brown on each side, plate it drizzle with honey or maple syrup and you can top it with whipped cream too if that's what your heart desire! haha :)
                                                  Enjoy! :)
 
 
 
 
Now for the bread, I made mine last night and it was easy! I make this all the time!
 
 
 
 
This bread doesn't take that long to make I swear it's super easy!
 
Ingredients:
 
  • 3 cups of flour (any kind i used all purpose flour for this one)
  • 3 tsp active dry yeast (I usually use the red star brand it's the best!)
  • 3 tsp sugar
  • 1tsp salt
  • 1 Cup warm water
  • 1 tbsp. margarine (oil or butter works just fine)
  • 1 egg
 
 
Directions:
  • If you have a kitchen aid mixer, that's great it will do the work for you, But if you don't that's okay, you can mix everything by hand and it will turn just fine.
  • Start by putting the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and start mixing on medium speed.
  • Add the warm water, 1 cup or much as you need, until you make a nice consistent dough. You don't want the dough to be too soft, but if you make a mistake and end up pouring too much water, don't worry, it happens all the time. Just add some more flour.
  • At the end, Cut the margarine or butter into small cubes and add it to the mixing dough.
  • When you're done mixing and dough Is a bit sticky but not significantly sticking to your hands, start kneading it with a bit of flour and form into a ball.
  • After that put the dough on the counter or on a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes.
  • After 10 minutes take the dough and roll it. About 10 inches long and 6 inches wide.
  • Take the bread and put into a lightly spayed bread pan slowly, tuck the ends underneath if needed.
  • Take the egg and beat it, and with a brush, brush it on the bread. (this will give it a nice bread color)
  • Put it to bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
  • When it's done, take it our and let it cool for at least 15 minutes to an hour, it's easier to cut it if you let it rest.
 
  • You can roll it just like the picture above or you can make it like this
 
For that one you roll it and divide it to two equal parts about 10 inches long and as wide to fit into your hand. Put the 2 rolls next to each other, connect the other one at one end, and start braiding
 
It may sound long but I swear it's really easy, if you have question feel free to comment!
 
 
 
This bread is perfect for anything. I hope you enjoy it! :)
 
 
xo-Jen
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment