Thursday, September 4, 2014

Pineapple upside down cake

 
 
 
Baking makes me happy, for some reason it feels so therapeutic.
 
Yesterday I had extra time to bake while little man was taking a nap and I thought it was the perfect time, plus I was craving for something fruity.
 
This is my favorite recipe I can't even remember how many times I made it.
 
I hope you enjoy it too! :)


 
 
 
Pineapple Upside down cake
 
Adapted from: Panlasang pinoy
 
 
Ingredients
 
  • 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 Tablespoons of melted butter
  • 5 slices  pineapple (I used canned pineapple)
  • 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
 
 
Directions
 
 
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Place the melted butter in a cake pan then sprinkle some brown sugar.
  • Arrange the sliced pineapples over the sugar. I added some maraschino cherries they will look better.
  • Combine all the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix using an electric mixer until all the ingredients are well combined.
  • Pour batter in the cake pan
  • Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
  • Remove from the oven, then transfer to a serving plate.
 
 
Enjoy!
 
xo-Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment