Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sunday Funday and Homemade Cassava Cake


 
I woke up so tired Sunday, I went to bed so late and we lost one hour because of the Daylight Savings
Time.
 
But I still wanted to enjoy the beautiful day. So before dinner we went to the park, Feels like little man needed some fresh air and some play time outdoor too.

 
I guess everyone was thinking the same thing so we had to go to a different park because our favorite park was packed, Right when were about to park me and hubby looked at each other and we already know what we are about to say to each other, So we turned around and find a different park.
 
 
And this park was perfect, There wasn't that much people there,
I think little man had fun, Even though like every time we go to park it was really hard to leave.
 
 
When we got home I made this Cassava Cake, Until now I can't believe that I got to make it.
I know it doesn't look perfect but Its one of the best Cassava cake I ever had.
 
 
Every time I come home to the Philippines I always tell my mom to get me this so I can eat it right when I get home. The ones that my mom always buy is really good, But knowing that I can make  this anytime I want is just amazing. I wish I made this a long long time ago.
 
 
 
 
Cassava Cake is an all time favorite dessert in the Philippines. It is made with grated cassava.
This is one of the best Filipino native sweet delicacies that is perfect for any occasions and even just for snack.

 
Ingredients:
  • 2 packs grated cassava (1 lb. each)
  • 1 1/2 can condensed milk (14 ounce)
  • 1 can coconut milk (14 ounce)
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 14 tbsp. sugar
  • 6 tbsp. grated cheddar cheese.
Toppings
  • 1/2 can condensed milk
  • 2 cups coconut milk
  • 2 tbsp. grated cheddar cheese
  • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 2 tbsp. flour
  • 1 egg
 
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • In a small bowl, make the batter by mixing grated cassava, butter, 1/2 cup of condensed milk, 1/2 cup of evaporated milk, 6 tbsp. cheese, 14 tbsp. sugar, and 2 eggs.
  • Add the 2 cups coconut milk in the batter and mix again.
  • Grease a baking pan (I used a 9x13 baking dish) then pour the batter.
  • Bake for 1 hour.
  • Meanwhile while waiting for it to bake prepare the topping by combining 2 tbsp. sugar, and flour in a heated sauce pan.
  • Put in condensed milk then mix thoroughly.
  • Add the 2 tbsp. cheese while stirring constantly.
  • Pour the 2 cups of coconut milk and stir constantly for 10 minutes or until it's thick.
  • Pour the topping over the cassava cake when it's done baking and spread evenly.
  • Glaze the topping with egg white using a brush.
  • Set your oven to broil. Broil the cassava until the color turns light brown. (Make sure to watch it so it won't burn)
  • Garnish with extra cheese on top.
Enjoy! :)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment