Friday, October 23, 2015

Pininyahang Manok (Pineapple Chicken)




I love Sundays, It's usually the day of the week where I love
to have home cook meals.
Something fresh, and I usually prefer Asian food on Sundays,
But that depends... If we had American food on Saturday.

... And since I'm by myself I can cook whatever I want,
Put everything I want on the food I'm cooking.
That's probably only the good thing about being alone.

This dish is one of my favorite Filipino dish, I learned this from my mama.
If you guys haven't noticed I love anything with coconut or anything creamy 
over my rice. ( You can definitely tell I'm asian huh?) 

Anyways.. This dish is good even without rice!
I haven't tried to make this for hubby.
He said it looks good.
Maybe one of these days, I will.
I'll let you know what he thinks!


Pininyahang Manok (Pineapple Chicken)

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lbs. chicken cut into pieces (Bone in chicken is much better)
  • 1 14 oz. can pineapple, chunks
  • 1 small red bell pepper
  • 1 small green bell pepper
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
  • 2 small carrots, sliced diagonally
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 tsp. garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 3 tbsp. cooking oil

Directions:
  • Marinate chicken in the pineapple juice from the canned pineapple chunks for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
  • Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
  • Saute onion, and garlic.
  • Add the chicken pieces one by one. Cook until the color turns light brown. Flip the chicken to cook the other side.
  • Pour the pineapple juice marinade in the pan. let it boil
  • Add the coconut milk. Stir and cover, and simmer for 30-40 minutes. until the chicken is tender.
  • Add the fish sauce, season with salt and pepper. Add the pineapple chunks and cook for 5 minutes.
  • Add the carrots and bell peppers. Cook for 5 -10 minutes.
  • Serve over rice. Enjoy!




Let me know if it's good!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment