Saturday, December 31, 2016

Day two in Venice, Lots of walking.


I'm so glad we decided to sleep early.
Even though I didn't have the best sleep because of the excitement
I just feel refreshed.



Before going out we had breakfast at the hotel.
It was a complimentary breakfast.
So good. 
The coffee was on point.


 After breakfast we went out and started our walking tour.


 I didn't plan on stopping by at the Rialto bridge but I can't help it.
I still did. 
What a gorgeous day.
I'm feeling so grateful to spend the last days of 2016 and start 2017 here in Venice.


This is what it's looked like behind those gorgeous pictures in Rialto bridge. 




We continued our walking and I was so surprised to see this. 



Our walk was a little easy this time.
Maybe because it wasn't that crowded yet.







 We made it to Piazza san marco the time we planned.
Waking up early was so worth it.


So amazing!!



Little man got to enjoy our walk there.
Like what everybody is saying.
There's some guys there that will offer you anything.
To selfie stick, bird food.
It's pretty pricey. 
Just say no.
We let them give little man food for the bird.
It was worth it seeing the smile on his face was priceless.




We continued our walk.





Basilica de san marco.











What a beautiful day!




 The other side of the square.
I noticed how it's starting to get crowded this side.
But, it was okay.









 We decided to not go inside the basilica since we have the kids.
We didn't want to wait on the line that long.
So we just did more walking.
But, if you have a chance I absolutely recommend going inside.
I heard a lot of interesting things to see inside the basilica.

We passed by the Bridge of sighs.
You won't even notice it was the one until you noticed everyone stopping
and taking pictures of it.
But, it's kind of sad looking at it.
So much history.
It's called the bridge of sighs because it's the last
view of freedom for the prisoners back in the day.


The Gondola's








We decided to head back just before noon.


But we couldn't help it but stop at some shop.
So many interesting things to see.
I want to own at least one venetian mask before we leave Italy.
It looks so cool!





The walk was getting tiring so we had to stop.
Especially for our little ones. 
So we stopped near the Rialto bridge for drinks and snack.
I decided to try Hot chocolate.
I've been wanting to try Italian hot chocolate.
It was really good.





It wasn't that sweet and that's good.








More walking.
I was definitely getting tired but I just can't stop.
I keep telling hubby "Let's go there, Let's go there." haha!



 Before heading back to the hotel.
Our last stop.
Gelato!


This one was so close to our hotel.


Having such a great time!



After that we head back to the hotel.
Relaxed had some drinks and got ready for New Year's Eve.



No comments:

Post a Comment