Friday, December 2, 2016

Benvenuti Tour



I'm so glad we took a break from looking at houses last Friday.
It was much needed, It's starting to get stressful since we are having a
hard time finding the house we really want.

Anyways, I had a blast!
It was such a great day.
Benvenuti tour is for people that just came here. 
It was so nice to see Italian culture around Aviano.

The first stop is Castello de porcia. This is where the bus dropped us off.



Then we walked a little bit and went to explore Porcia market.
One of the things I wanted to do is to explore the markets here in Italy.




It was a little chilly but it was a beautiful day.





Fruit stand.
Alright, one of things I learned not to do is to not touch their fruits.
Just, Don't! haha 









We didn't really plan to get anything since the tour is going to be all day.
There was fish, fruits, clothes and everything you can think of in the market. 
I saw similar stuff in Korea and in the Philippines but of course, Italian market has their 
cheeses, meats. stuff like that. pretty cool.




Before we get back to the bus. We decided to stop somewhere to get something.
It was around 9 am that time and all I really want was coffee. 
Hubby wanted to have some Gelato but I wasn't quite ready for it yet. 
We had Cappuccino.
It was delicious!
It was definitely strong though.


After Porcia market we stopped by at the Train station and they taught us how
to use the Train.
It's so awesome that you can pretty much go anywhere here by train. 
It's much easier that way. 

While we are on the bus the Tour guide show us places and describe the places we would pass by.
Some places here are confusing example is Grocery store. 
I saw one that looked like a Car dealer but It was a grocery store she said. 
Yup, I was way wrong.


Our next stop was a walking tour.
First we walked to street of Pordenone 



Then head to Chocolate tasting!
It was pretty cool seeing them make it. 
..And the chocolate are really good!





We also stopped by couple of shops and restaurants. 







I finally got to try Italian Pastry!



These are delicious!
One thing I noticed though.
Pastries here taste different. In a good way.
You don't get that gross feeling after eating it.
This is so soft and so light. 
I could probably eat 10 of these and not feeling bad after eating it. haha!
I





We continued our walking tour and stopped by and see Pordenone's City hall.
I thought it was a church!


Then, we stopped at St. Mark's cathedral.
I'm so glad we got to come inside.
It was a nice church.




After church we head back to the bus.
Then head to lunch!
I was so excited for this.
We already got to try Italian restaurant but it's going 
to be our first Italian 5 course meal.

We went to this restaurant called Pozzo Dipinto.




First, Wine! 



The red wine tasted really good but I love white wines.
So I had couple of glasses of it. 



First course is pasta.



So light and I noticed how they cooked their pasta. 
Not mushy pasta like what I'm used to.


Second course, Risotto.
Ahh. so good!




Then, the Secondo (Main course)
You get to pick if you want fish or meat.
I picked meat.





Then after that you decide if you want to have some Sgroppino.
It was so good! It's basically made with Lemon sorbet and vodka.




Then, dessert.
It looked like flan but It was a Panna cotta. 
Delicious!




Then for the last part of the meal Coffee. 
I'm such a big coffee drinker but, I'm so surprised how strong this was.
I still need my sugar and creamer! haha




Next and our last stop is the Winery!




I forgot the location of the winery but, It's called Pitars.
It's a family owned Winery. 
There's some wines that is only made in this Winery.
Example is the Proseco and Sparkling wine.






We got to see where they take the grapes to be pressed. And then took us inside and we got to see the huge fermenting tanks they put the "juice" in.



Some of the wines here are probably older than me! haha










Then Wine tasting!
I tried all of them and I can say that I'm really a White wine lover. 





After all of the tasting of course we had to get some. 
It's actually much cheaper to buy it there.
Double the price if you get it on base or at the store. 




We got the Proseco, Rose and 2 other white wines.

After visiting the winery the bus drove us back to base. 
It was such a great day. 

 I would definitely say this is worth it to go on when your first come here. There are some interesting things you will learn and see while on this tour.

After that we went to pick up our babies.
It was a fun day but I missed them so much!





No comments:

Post a Comment