Friday, July 10, 2020

Laing


Growing up in the Philippines. 
I crave all the meat, fast food and all the food that is not quite healthy. 
My mom got us used to eating all the veggies that is good for us. 
I'm glad she did.

I never appreciated it as much as I do now. 
All the Vegetable Filipino dish is what I miss the most these days.
I just can't get enough of it. 

I'm so glad I got to make this in Italy.
This is probably the last dish I'll be making at this house. 
Going to miss cute window view where I love taking pictures of my food.



Laing is a Filipino dish of shredded or whole taro leaves with meat or seafood cooked in thick coconut milk spiced with labuyo chili, lemongrass, garlic, shallots, ginger, and shrimp paste. It originates from the Bicol Region, where it is known simply as pinangat.

This is perfect with rice. 
My American husband approves this dish.
He LOVES it!!

Let me know what you guys think!



Laing


Ingredients

  • 4 ounces dried taro leaves
  • Olive oil
  • ½ lb pork sliced into ¼ inch thick pieces
  • 5 pieces Thai chili pepper
  • 5 cloves garlic crushed
  • 2 thumbs ginger crushed
  • 1 piece onion sliced into thin strips
  • 5 cups water

Instructions


  • Saute onions, garlic and ginger in olive oil. Then add the pork.
    Continue to cook for 10 minutes until the pork gets a little brown color.
  • Add coconut milk and dried taro leaves. Cover the pot and continue to cook until the liquid is almost gone.
  • Add chili peppers and then pour remaining coconut milk. Stir and continue to cook until the liquid completely evaporates. Add water if needed.
  • Serve while hot, enjoy!




Enjoy!!

xoxo
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment