Monday, April 6, 2015

Turon and a Delicious Smoothie.

 




I know this post is so late, I didn't get chance to post it before last weekend, I was too excited for Easter weekend.
 
But last Friday I had a really delicious breakfast, I finally got to have Turon, Turon also known as  Lumpiang Saging in the Philippines (Banana Lumpia or Banana Spring rolls) It's a very common snack or dessert in the Philippines.
 
This delicious snack is made with Saba or Cardaba Bananas dusted with brown sugar, You can add sliced jack fruit or any filling you prefer like mango, coconut or cheese and rolled in a spring roll.
 
Turon
(Banana Lumpia)
 
 
I didn't get a chance to get some jack fruit so I just made the basic one with just banana and brown sugar. The first bite makes me feels like I'm home, I need to make this again.
 
Ingredients:
  • 6 pieces Bananas ( Saba or Cardaba Bananas )
  • 1 Cup Jackfruit (Optional)
  • 1 and 1/2 Cup brown sugar
  • 12 pc Spring rolls
  • 2 Cups Cooking oil
 
 
Directions:
  • Roll the banana on the brown sugar and make sure its coated with enough sugar
  • Place the banana on the spring roll and add some jack fruit.
  • Roll, fold and lock the spring roll, use water to seal the edge.
  • In a pan, Heat oil.
  • Put the banana lumpia and fry until the wrapper turns golden brown.
 
 
 
  • Let cool for 2 minutes then serve.


 
Enjoy!!
 
Banana, Papaya, Strawberry Smoothie
 

 
I also made Smoothie to eat with my Turon, It was a perfect to have some smoothie.
I'm excited to make more smoothies this Spring.
 


Ingredients:
  • Frozen Strawberries (About 1 cup)
  • Ripe Papaya, Sliced (About 1/2 cup)
  • 1 Frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen yogurt
  • 1 cup milk (or water)
  • 1 cup of ice (more or less depends on your liking)
 
Directions:
Toss everything in a blender, blend until smooth. Enjoy! :)

 
 
I'm in love with my new Tumbler, I can't wait to use it more often this Summer! :)
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment